It’s that time ladies and gentlemen! The greatest Sunday Funday of the year and one that is close to my heart as the Patriots are in the Super Bowl… as we all know. What to celebrate with? How about Champagne infused cupcakes for Super Bowl Sunday! There is still time… give it a try and Happy Superbowl Sunday!
Ingredients (From Allrecipes.com) – makes about 18
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup champagne (Cook’s Brut)
- 6 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
- In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites. Pour into cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne (Cook’s)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 drops red food coloring