It’s always hard when you are on the go and constantly let the city life, or just life in general, get the best of you and you forget to stop and remember what you enjoyed most about the day. Was it the sight of that first flower blooming in central park, your sighting of SPRING! Or was it the wine that you just drank and darn it, you forgot the name and varietal already! Well, we are all guilty of letting the busyness of life take over, I know I am, so I have put together a short list for those wine lovers out there who simply always forget the wines they love at dinner or wherever you happen to be!
- Take a picture, it will last longer. Yes we know the saying, but it’s true! It’s so easy to take out our phones (when appropriate) and take a picture and save it in our personal library. Might as well make a conversation starter out of it, so warn people when you are about to do this so it doesn’t seem like you are being rude reaching for your phone! Next thing you know, everyone at the table will be taking pictures of the wonderful label and even each other!
- SHARE… through a wine tasting! We all know the most memorable moments are spent with friends and family laughing and sharing stories. Host your own wine tasting and you will surely remember all the wines you enjoyed with your friends and family. It’s easy to remember something when you tie it back to a story or a great convo you were having while enjoying
- Save the mini version! Tastingroom.com is a great sampling program that allows you to taste sample sizes of an assortment of wines with the same quality as in the bottle! Try a sample and since the bottle is so small, you can keep them around the house, put them in a ‘wine box’ filled with your favorites and you can have access to your favorite wine names whenever you are around!
- Save the corks! Easy peasey!
- APPS! Everyone is doing it! Explore some mobile apps and download your favorites where you can collect a wine cellar virtually and have them accessible at all times. Some great ones: WineHQ – http://www.winehq.org/; Snooth Wine Pro – http://www.snooth.com/iphone-app/; HelloVino – http://www.hellovino.com/; Cor.kz – http://cor.kz/
- Savor what you drink. Slow down and enjoy what you are drinking, savor it and talk about it with everyone.
For a great article on the top 10 best wine applications visit Mashable -http://mashable.com/2010/11/15/apps-for-wine-enthusiasts/
And for all of you Beer lovers, have no fear, Mashable’s Top Ten Apps are here - http://mashable.com/2010/01/13/iphone-beer-apps/